Ula in Memory
CIB Multi Champ. Family Song's ULA
If tears could build a stairway
and memories a lane
I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again
Veteran Champion Hungary 2016 * Croatian Champion 2010 * International Champion (FCI) 2009 * Slovakian Grand Champion 2008 * Champion Slovakia 2007 * Placed Third Best Chinese Crested Female Slovakia 2007 (Club)
prcd-PRA OptiGen® normal/clear, PLL carrier, ECVO eye examination clear, Patella negative * full breeding confirmation Slovakia & Austria * Special Selection for breeding use in Austria * out of breeding because of age (spayed June 2013)
February 11, 2005 - November 15, 2020
Sire: Champ. IRWIN Modry Kvet (Champion CR, RO, Club Champion CR, Junior Champion CR, SR, SLO, HU, AT, CRO, PL)
Dam: Champ. AMANDA Roleda (Champion SR)
Ula's special success:
- 10/04/2016 - Ula was awarded the title Hungarian Veteran Champion (Certificate)
- 08/28/2016 - Ula is twice Best Veteran at the national shows in Velence/HU
- 02/20/2016 - Ula is Best Veteran at the international show in Budapest/HU
- 05/26/2011 - Ula has her fourth and last litter, the N litter of my kennel (2 boys hhl, 1 boy hl, 1 girl hl)
- 03/03/2010 - Ula was awared the title Croatian Beauty Champion (Certificate - Diploma)
- 02/26/2010 - Ula fulfills all conditions for the title Croatian Beauty Champion
- 05/19/2009 - Ula's DNA Profile Information
- 04/05/2009 - Ula passed the Special Selection for breeding use in Austria (Koerung) (Diploma)
- 04/01/2009 - Ula has been awarded the title International Champion by FCI (Certificate - Diploma)
- 01/10/2009 - Ula has her third litter, the L litter for my kennel (2 boys hl, 2 boys pp, 2 girls hl)
- 11/29/2008 - Ula fulfills all conditions for the title International Champion (FCI)
- 09/22/2008 - Ula is clear of any eye disease (ECVO examination - Result Certificate)
- 09/22/2008 - Ula is Patella negative with the repeated check at 3 years of age (Result Certificate)
- 09/20/2008 - Ula is BOG Group 9 placed 3rd at the CACIB Show in Maribor/SLO
- 09/06/2008 - Ula is awarded Third Best Chinese Crested Female Slovakia 2007 (Club) (Diploma)
- 09/06/2008 - Ula is Slovakian Grand Champion (Diploma)
- 07/28/2008 - Ula is prcd-PRA OptiGen®normal/clear (OptiGen® certificate® certificate)
- 04/18/2008 - Ula has her second litter, the Ch litter for the kennel Family Song's (2 boys hl, 2 girls hl)
- 06/16/2007 - Ula is Patella negative (Result Certificate)
- 06/01/2007 - Ula is Slovakian Champion (Certificate - Diploma)
- 12/06/2006 - Ula has her first litter, it is the A litter (second time in the alphabet) of the kennel Family Song's (3 boys hl, 2 girls hl, 1 girl pp)
- 08/27/2006 - Ula passes the breeding confirmation (fully admitted)
Ula was our second Chinese Crested, and she came here to us at the age of 15 months. She had been bought back home from her breeder, as she had been living under very bad conditions. Actually, her breeder wanted to keep her, but granting her a breeding right (for two litters) made it possible that we got Ula.
In the show ring Ula was absolutely successful. She only had her very first show just one week after her moving here, but came out of the ring with a great result. In the beginning Ula was a bit insecure, never ever she had got to know the hurly-burly at the shows (what all the others here already learn at early age), but she was trusting and so it was easy to get her used to all this and to present her calmly in the ring.
In June 2007 Ula turned to be Slovakian Champion. We continued showing her until January 2008, then there was a brake because of her second litter. From August 2008 on she was back in the show ring. The awaited last missing CAC for the title Slovakian Grand Champion was finally awarded at the National Specialty in Slovakia in September 2008. On the same day Ula was awarded Third Best Chinese Crested Female Slovakia 2007 by the Slovakian Chinse Crested Club. This was a very big surprise for us. And Ula continued her success: our next aim, to gain the title International Champion, was reached end of November 2008 at an international show in Croatia. In 2009 Ula was shown again several times in several countries, but only starting mid of 2009 as there was another show break, because Ula had her third litter, the L litter of my kennel Caipirinha's. On April 10, 2009, we received the diploma from FCI: on April 1, 2009, Ula has been awarded the title International Champion. On April 5, 2009, Ula passed the Austrian Special Selection, and finally, on February 26, 2010, she gained her last CAC for fulfillment of all conditions for the title Croatian Beauty Champion. With this result she said goodbye to the show ring, time had come for only being a couch potatoe - well deserved after most wonderful show results since mid of 2006 and after having four championships. On May 26, 2011, Ula had her fourth and last litter at the age of six and a half years, the N litter of my kennel. In our opinion four litters are enough for her, we don't want to "exploit" our females.
Ula is a very social, friendly, cuddly and well balanced girl, and also an excellent mother (she has proved this with all her litters). Having her here is an absolute benefit!
As Ula was still very fit at the age of 11 years we ran up for one other show title. In February and August 2016 she was shown in veteran class and on October 4, 2016 she was awarded the title UHungarian Veteran Champion. That was definitely her good-bye from the show ring, but she continued joining me with Maverick and Hippie to shows until 2019 for diversion from daily routine.
On April 13, 2019 Ula was diagnosed with chronical pancreatitis und excessively filled gall bladder, which could burst at any time. Only option to safe her was the removal of the gall bladder which was done on April 16, 2019. Ula recovered fast according to her age (a bit more than 14 years) and could follow up her joys after a short time. The only thing to look at was strict diet and adding enzymes to each meal. She then started to turn a bit blind, deaf and demented but still enjoyed her life and nearly daily had an energy boost which animated her to toll around. Until mid of October 2020 everything went well, then she did not want her diet food anymore. Upon consultation with the vet she was allowed to have chicken and beef baby food, and she loved it. Beginning of November she began to eat less and got appetizing pills from the vet which worked great for 2 weeks. On 11/14/2020 she refused any and all food and in the evening she threw up. This had not happened since prior to her surgery. She was slack and only wanted to sleep. That was the sign for me that she had lost her will to live. She should not suffer, I had to let go. At noon on November 15, 11:20 a.m. - exactly 14 1/2 years after our combined life - she fell asleep forever in my armes with the help of our vet. 15 years, 9 months and 4 days was her age. For 14 1/2 years I could join her, and during all that time she gave me joy, luck, fun and love, for what I am endlessly grateful. The pain about her loss is indescribabla, but I try to tell myself that she could have already passed shortly after her 14th birthday - prior, during or after the surgery. By courtesy of our vet we had still got a bit more than one and years together. Even though she is not here anymore physically, she lives on in her son Maverick and her granddaughter Hippie.
On November 18, Ula was cremated and I could go pick up her urn on the same evening. She is now placed on the board in my memory corner directly besides Keanu of whom she brought wonderful kids.
Ula, I will always miss you, each and every day of my life. But I have you deep inside my heart and the memories of our wonderful years together will give me the stregth to limit the grief - until we meet again one day ......